Responding to the growing interest in prenatal yoga for non-Polish speaking mums-to-be, we are adding an additional Prenatal Class, which will be held every WEDNESDAY 13.15-14.30
Each Pregnancy Yoga Session is designed to serve the specific needs of pregnancy and labour. It prepares women for birth (physically, emotionally and mentally) as well as providing a valuable quiet space to form a bond with your unborn child. It is also an excellent opportunity to meet other mums-to-be and share thoughts, feelings and emotions. Each session has calm, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Small number of participants - allows the teacher to concentrate on the individual future mothers needs and requirements.
The class is suitable for any pregnant woman from 15 weeks onward who does not suffer from any serious medical problem(s).
An individual session last 75 minutes and includes: PHYSICAL EXERCISE, BREATHING & RELAXING TECHNIQUES.
Previous Yoga experience is not necessary
YOGA means “to UNITE”
During pregnancy you create a perfect union with your unborn child.
- Increase strength, flexibility and overall well-being
- Reduce common ailments such as lower back pain, pelvic girdle pain, sciatica, swelling or inflammation around your joints
- Boost energy levels
- Relieve stress & anxiety
- Access love, intuition and wisdom within you, to connect with your baby
- Soothe & ease labour, both physically & emotionally
- Knowing your body enables you to adapt to various labour positions in order to reduce pain
- Breathing & relaxing techniques provides you with a powerful approach to the management of emotions and pain
- Regain physical/emotional strength & stamina in the post natal period, as well as deepening the bond with your new born baby
Please wear comfortable clothing, which do not restrict movement.
Yoga mats, birthing balls and bean bags are provided. For your comfort during relaxation, you may wish to bring a cushion and a blanket.
CLASSES LEAD BY
Prenatal Yoga class is led by Inga Izabela Dankowska, the only British Wheel of Yoga Teacher Diploma Holder in Poland, who specializes in Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga. Until 2012 she ran pregnancy and postnatal yoga classes in UK hospitals.